Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Landing

So, we arrive in Switzerland to find that our bags have not arrived with us (the main reason to always pack your life in a carry on...at least internationally). It wasn't not a total bust because 4 bags and 4 carry ons (if you include gigantic purses, sorry guys) between 2 rather petite ladies was something I was not particularly looking forward to. Now, we can take a train, get a cheap taxi and head to the apartment a lot quicker (which is what we then do). The promise is that our bags will be delievered in a few hours but if you've ever had bag trouble, you know that's a big fat lie (or hope rather...it's a lie tho!). So I'm tharving as Ry would say (I consider it thirsty+starving but he has a different definition) but we can't leave the apartment because none of the contact cell phones work and if we miss the delivery, we miss the bags and we NEED the bags. So no food for the night, no hair products, no towels which means no shower...did I mention no food? When I get antsy, I make up songs (well...that's not true. I always make up songs but antsy was the catalyst here). Last night it was "Bienvenido." It was a fun, nifty little tune until I started getting into and was singing quite loudly. My mother informed me that they call the police on you around here if you make noise after 10pm. So that got shut down. Thank-you ma. The next day has arrived and still no bags. Still no food. Still no towels and still no shower...but my breath is fresh...thank GOD for that!

1 comment:

  1. Omg, I woulda went wild without being able to eat or shower for that long. I love your little ditties. They're always so funny. Is Ry gonna keep his YouTube account going? He should. That's prolly another good way to overcome bored/hunger. Lol.

    ReplyDelete